Check out these recipes for our most-used brewing methods + our favorite coffees for each!
By far, one of our favorite methods for brewing clean, sweet cups with maximum clarity.
20g COFFEE - MEDIUM/FINE GRIND
320g WATER - 205DEG F
1. Pouring in circular motion so as to wet all grounds, add 60g water, bloom 30sec
2. At 30sec mark pour fairly quickly up to 160g in concentric circles, avoiding pouring on filter
3. At 1min, pour up to 250g
4. At 1min, 30sec, pour up to 320g
5. Let drain - total time should be ~3min. Enjoy!
This steep and press method combines a immersion brewing with a fine filter (paper or reusable) for a reliably well-extracted coffee with a a great balance of body and clarity Plus it can go just about anywhere.
17g COFFEE - FINE GRIND
270g WATER - 205DEG F
1. Start with aeropress inverted
2. Add 17g of finely ground coffee
3. Add 100g hot water, stir with spoon to break up any clumps
4. Pour up to 270g and give 3 stirs in each direction
5. At 1:45min add filter cap w/rinsed filter
6. Carefully invert and press into mug!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sometimes it's hard to beat the old countertop coffee pot. The underdog of consistent, delicious coffee and the unsung hero of early mornings everywhere.
1. Add 1 cup of medium ground coffee to your 12 cup coffee brewer (these are often made for 12x 6oz cups, heads up!)
2. Press go
3. Go about your morning biz
4. Enjoy hot coffee and have a great day!
A classic in kitchens everywhere. The French Press is one of the most convenient brewing methods to brew up a batch to share or to work your way through on a Saturday morning. Something about good dark roast coffee out of the press just feels cozy.
-8 cup French Press (these usually technically fit 32oz of H20... also misleading)
-60g/0.5cup COFFEE - COARSE GRIND
1. Add coffee to French press
2. Add water (~205deg F) to about halfway up wetting all grounds
3. At 1min, give it a quick stir or two
4. Fill French press the rest of the way with water
5. Place lid on top without pressing (this retains heat!)
6. At 4:00min, press plunger
7. Enjoy a nostalgic, full-bodied cup!